- Javapedia FrameworksAndLibraries
- dotuseful is a functional and easy-to-use library of Java classes. Swing Tree classes extension. Methods for search for array within an array.
- Java log viewer is a GUI to easily view the java application logs generated by the “java.util.logging” package.
- Java Open Particle system is a Java based particle system simulation library
- Java Class File Editor
Open a Java class file binary to view or edit strings, attributes, methods and generate readable reports similar to the javap utility. In built verifier checks changes before saving the file. Easy to use Java Swing GUI.
- JOGEJava OpenGL Game Engine
- Java Sound Player and Recorder embeddable
- Java Multiple Audio Format Converter
- Magritte is a framework to build user interfaces for Java, which are saved in XML files, allowing a user to change the interface without the need to recompile the code. It will also generate Java code to respond to GUI events.
- ImageApp – Java Advanced Imaging GUI
- Jupidator is a library/tool in Java for automatic updating of applications with minimum user interaction and small developer effort.
- Jericho HTML Parser is a java library allowing analysis and manipulation of parts of an HTML document !!!!!
- XML differencing and patching tools
- MindRaider!!!! MindRaider is personal notebook and outliner. It aims to connect the tradition of outline editors with emerging technologies. MindRaider mission is to help you in organization of your knowledge and associated web, local and realworld resources in a way that enables quick navigation, concise representation and inferencing. See section “Analyze it”
- FlatTree Java library for reading and writing of flat files. CSV, FLR (fixed length record) or mixed structures. Tree-style processing API. Adapters for SAX, Stax and XStream for transformation, data binding or serialization.
- FreeMarker template engine. See also FMPP, a general-purpose text file preprocessor tool that uses FreeMarker templates.
- JODReports, Java OpenDocument Reports, is a solution for creating office documents and reports in OpenDocument Text format from templates that can be visually composed using the OpenOffice.org Writer word processor. These documents can then optionally be converted to other formats such as PDF, Word and RTF.
- xpdf and also List_of_PDF_software
- Lexi is a platform-independent and free word processor, based on the Java 2 platform.
- Morfologik Polish morphological analyzer based on current ispell dictionaries, and Java libraries interfacing it. First completely open-source and comprehensive morphological tools for Polish. Used for grammar correction in LanguageTool.
- Poliqarp A universal suite of utilities for large corpora processing. (Good!)
- Google Opens Up (Some) Search Algorithms
- Canadian student maps brain to image search zzz
- Grep GUI Search for words in text files, and display the matching lines in easy to read tabs. Options to save results, exclude words, and display the line numbers. Small file, easy to run, and very useful for searching through big log text files! Java!
- jPod (also here). PDF manipulating and rendering framework. Contained in this release is the complete “foundation”. This includes all components necessary to read, manipulate and write, along with the basic frameworks to build higher level logic.
- ddc-concordance DDC-Concordance is an open source (LGPL) search engine developed specially to meet the needs of linguistic researchers. !!!!but c++
- Wi.Ser is a Java/XML server-side GUI-framework which enables an application to run as either a monolithic Swing application, a thin-client/server Swing application, or as a Web (AJAX) application without any change! The project includes a GUI builder.
- JSnapScreen provides snap screen service in java environment, which exposes enough interfaces to capture image and get the captured image, you can integrate it with your appliction easily and perfectly.
- PDFBox is a Java PDF Library. This project will allow access to all of the components in a PDF document. More PDF manipulation features will be added as the project matures. This ships with a utility to take a PDF document and output a text file.
- JSpell is a Java API for providing text-checking functionality (spell checkers, grammar checkers, style checkers etc.) to Java programs. It is designed to support all text-checking engines via a plugin architecture, and to be as easy to use as possible.